Our Lady of Mount Carmel,
May we come
to know the truth of your love.
Help us lift our hearts
and voices in prayer,
and give service
to all those in need.
Prayer is an integral part of the life of a Catholic school.
- At OLMC class prayer, staff prayer, whole school prayer.
- Students are taught formal prayers as part of the RE program and they are invited to participate in a wide variety of other prayer experiences throughout their school life at OLMC.
- It is our hope that students at OLMC lean to understand prayer as a way of developing a close personal relationship with God.
- Parents are encouraged to model an active prayer life at home, by using key opportunities such as meal times and bed times to pray with their children.
- Music, symbols, poems, dance, silence, art, photographs, reflections and formal prayers will all be used to lead staff, students and parents into prayer at different times throughout the year.